Thursday 19 August 2010

I contain more nutrients, gram for gram, than any other food. What am I???

Can you guess what it is???? and no its not a 'super food' (well it is in my eyes)

its LIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yip that's right LIVER!

now i hated liver with a passion as a child and there were many a tear shed and nights of being sent to bed hungry after refusing to eat my liver and bacon...oh if only i could travel back in time and stuff myself!!! i wonder how much healthier i would have been.... ;p

below is a link to "the liver files" on the western price site

http://www.westonaprice.org/food-features/509-liver-files.html

its well worth a read and has some really nice recipes....Marks daily apple also has some tasty liver recipes. And if the idea of liver freaks you out and makes you gag then try having it minced up in a hash like this:


http://www.marksdailyapple.com/crispy-liver-hash-brown-patties/

Calf liver is my favourite! NOM NOM NOM.

i try to eat liver 3 times a weeks and lightly pan fry it in coconut oil with rock salt and pepper! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment