Wednesday 18 August 2010

the joys of coconut oil!

hey hey!



so i really want to sing the praises of coconut oil and the positive effect it has had on my skin (i use it for cooking and make shore i have about 1/2 a tbsp on low fat days and a tbsp on high days) I have been using it on my face for about 2 years now and I will NEVER again rub anything else into my skin! My complexion is clear and radiant and some may say "glowing" and I have found that my skin was less reactive to sun burn this year (and this is also down to a paleo diet)

I was slower to ditch my coca butter which i was using on the rest of my body but about 6 weeks i made the decision to only use coconut oil on body. My skin is never dry and is very soft and smooth and they funny red spotty thing on my triceps have almost disappeared.

blurb taken from Marks daily Apple:

"On a more superficial level, meanwhile, coconut oil is thought to help strengthen mineral absorption, which is important for healthy teeth and bones, and can also help improve the condition and appearance of the scalp, hair and skin when ingested or topically applied."

full post here:


http://www.marksdailyapple.com/coconut-oil-health-benefits/

So if you have been thinking about making the switch DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

next is to switch shampoo and conditioners.....i did try just the crystal deodorant but i smelt bad and as a yoga teacher that is not good.... Mark Sisson has also written this post on the nasty ingredients in beauty products so i will read over this and look for safe hair and deodorant products....I will let you know how i get on.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-personal-products/

No comments:

Post a Comment